Placework is an award-winning architecture and planning practice grounded in social and environmental responsibility. We are proud to be New Hampshire’s first architecture firm to become a Certified B Corporation. Our downtown Portsmouth studio offers a collaborative atmosphere that fosters professional development within a growing team.
About the Role
The Marketing Coordinator at Placework will lead our external communications, working collaboratively with the team and Principals to craft and tell a compelling story about our work. The Marketing Coordinator will develop engaging content for our website, blog posts, and marketing materials and manage the day-to-day operation of our social media platforms. The coordinator will stay informed about the market, industry trends, and the competitive landscape, while helping to implement marketing, branding, and advertising plans. They will monitor and report on social media performance, manage e-campaigns, perform research, and support business development activities. This is a full-time position.
- Actively participate in researching, developing, and writing various types of content such as social media posts, blog posts, advertising captions, landing pages, and emails.
- Create and maintain marketing materials and manage the production of proposals, RFQ/P responses, and interview presentations.
- Manage the creation of marketing calendars for events, award programs, and sponsorships,
- Act as social media lead, establishing a consistent message, building loyal followers, growing engagement, and encouraging online conversations across key platforms including but not limited to LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Participate in business development activities including research, outreach, and tracking through CRM.
- Assist with coordination of conference attendance, presentations and supporting materials.
- Coordinate with photographers for project and/or office photography.
- Lead the planning and execution of all digital marketing activities, including e-campaigns, SEO/SEM, and paid advertising, including content creation, reporting, and analytics.
- Identify and deploy social media trends to further promote Placework.
- Utilize digital and marketing technology tools like MailChimp, Google Analytics, CRM, and social media tracking codes for advertising and websites.
- Manage and maintain contact, mailing and e-mail distribution lists.
- Utilize WordPress to make updates to website and/or coordinate with marketing/website maintenance consultant to make updates, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree: marketing + communications, public relations, journalism, or English is preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in marketing and social media management required, preferably in the Architectural/Engineering/Construction (AEC) industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; impeccable attention to detail, specifically grammar, spelling, tone, brand consistency. Writing samples will be requested.
- Strong graphic sensibility and proficiency with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, Google Analytics, WordPress, MailChimp, CRM.
- Knowledge and/or Interest in sustainability and supporting best practices for socially and environmentally responsible businesses.
- Support an innovative, award-winning architecture practice in promoting how design can have a positive impact on society and the environment.
- Research and writing to advance goals of climate justice and equity, diversity, and inclusion within the architecture and construction fields.
- Assist leadership team with development of strategic planning and communications and demonstrate outcomes.
- Learn and integrate knowledge of sustainable and regenerative design practices and urban planning.
- Participate in design charrettes, seminars and discussions that form the basis of studio culture.
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits plan, including:
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous holidays and paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short-term disability and life insurance
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer matching contributions
- Paid community volunteer time
- Paid time and reimbursement for professional development
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
Placework is an equal opportunity employer. Cultivating diversity in our working environment is vital to the richness and integrity of our work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Placework is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
How to Apply:
Our growth depends on the passions and interests of all team members, so come prepared to share what you love. Please send a cover letter (as a separate document from your email) and resume to [email protected].